Wishlists are often under-utilized but they are a key ingredient for an exceptional customer experience. A wishlist is a very useful feature in ecommerce and clienteling solutions. Wishlists need to be simple and fun to create, manage and share. In turn, they serve as an excellent marketing tool to develop a loyal customer base. The more visible your wishlists are, the more exposure your brand receives in their networks.
Advantages for Customers
1. A great tool for compiling, organizing and editing must-haves.
2. A simple way to keep track of items without having to duplicate a search.
3. A way to check for prices immediately.
4. Some wishlists have filters that enable customers to sort by price, size, color, quantity or by other parameters.
5. A reminder of things they need/want to buy in the future.
6. Allows customers to check inventory, and if sold out items are back in stock. Customers can even receive email alerts when items in their wishlists are running low in stock or have been reduced in price to encourage a final buy.
7. Shoppers can create multiple lists with varying levels of privacy.
8. Wishlists can be kept personal, made public or easily shared with friends and family via email, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at the click of a button, increasing word-of-mouth marketing and adding value to the brand.
9. Apps or mobile-optimized sites allow customers to take wishlists with them for enhanced in-store customer experience. If they see an item online but are unsure of the size or material, they can use the wishlist as a reminder to try it in-store.
10. If they are pressed for time or don’t want to search for all the items, they can show the wishlist to a store associate who can bring everything to them and even make additional suggestions based on their list.
11. Personalization is made easy. Customers can receive suggestions of items they might be interested in based on other lists that contain similar items.
Advantages for Retailers
1. Increased sales.
2. Retailers can use wishlists and target customers directly with personalized emails.
3. Encourages customers to return to the site and purchase their wishlist items.
4. Enables retailers to target and follow-up with what customers want.
5. Enables retailers to understand customer behavior.
6. The wishlist share feature attracts new customers to the site.
7. Turn inactive users into active shoppers by knowing what they want and when they last logged in.
8. Wishlists give retailers a reason to follow-up with incentives/promotions such as discounts or BOGO offers to encourage customers to make the final purchase.
9. When customers share their lists on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest they indirectly increase sales and promote the brand with others in their network. These brand advocates can also be rewarded to encourage future sharing.
10. Ability to recommend items that other buyers purchased that are similar to those in their wishlist.
11. With barcode scanners, retailers can scan items and enable shoppers to add items to their wishlist while they are shopping in-store. This can be done with mobile apps as well.
12. Determine statistics to better know your customers’ needs and to give special discounts and provide promotions for the most popular products.
It’s important to let customers know about wishlist capabilities to encourage customer engagement and loyalty. A wishlist is a fantastic omni-channel tool synchronizing the customer experience between online and physical stores!